This guide will show you had to add a new dictation source, or microphone, to a user profile in Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2.
1. Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 if it isn't already open by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition", and then pressing enter.
2. Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or wait for Dragon to load your profile.
3. Once the profile is loaded, click on "Profile" in the Dragon Bar.
4. Click on "Add dictation source to current user profile"
5. Using the drop-down menu, select the Mic/Dictation source that you would like to add.
6. When the Mic Setup window appears, click next.
7. When ready, click "Start Volume Check" and then begin reading aloud into your mic the paragraph that begins with "While you are reading this..." And keep reading until the software makes a tone/beep, and then click next.
8. Just like the previous step, click "Start Quality Check" and then begin reading aloud the paragraph that begins with "For Dragon to recognize your voice accurately..." Until the software gives you a tone/beep, and then click "Next". The process can take some time, please be patient while Dragon finishes the calibration.
10.That's it! Your profile will be updated and the dictation source will be added.