Sometimes Dragon has trouble understanding how you pronounce certain words or phrases. This guide will show you how to train Dragon so that it can be as accurate as possible!
1. Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 if it isn't already open by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition", and then pressing enter.
2. Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or wait for Dragon to load your profile.
3. Once Dragon has finished loading, navigate to and click on "Vocabulary" on the Dragon Bar.
4. From there, scroll down the list until you see the option "Vocabulary Manager" and then click on it.
5. Once the vocabulary editor is open, either scroll down the list to locate the word you are wanting to train or type the word into the "Written As" box to automatically search the vocabulary for the written word. Once located, click on the word in the list.
6. Next, click the "Train" button on the right hand side of the vocabulary manager.
7. The train window will appear. When you are ready, click on the "Go" button and then speak the word you are trying to train into the microphone.
8. Repeat step 7 three to five times to ensure accuracy.
9. When you are finished, click "Done".
10. That's it, you've successfully trained Dragon on how you pronounce your chosen word!